A. Supported operating systems:
- Windows XP Sp3
- Windows 7 (32bit and 64bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32bit and 64bit)
- Windows 10 (32bit and 64bit)
Starting with Relais 2016, a single build is used for all Relais products. At the beginning of the install/upgrade, you will be prompted to identify the product you use. The update will apply only those changes relevant to the product you select.
For Relais D2D customers select the "Relais D2D" option from the list of products when installing/upgrading to Relais 2016..
Relais 2016 also includes auto-update software that will be installed on each workstation. This allows Relais to issue updates about which customers can be notified automatically. Once the notification is received the update can be downloaded and applied.
C. Download and unzip Relais 2016.x
- Download the current build from either the North American server or the Australian server.
- Unzip the build to the desktop of the workstation. The setup icon displays:
- Launch the setup icon and acknowledge any User Account Control messages.
Note: You no longer need to right click the setup icon and 'Run as Administrator'. This requirement has been built into the application.
D. Initiate the installation
- Once extracted, the 'Welcome to the Relais 2016 Installation' window appears
2. Click Next >
3. Accept the License agreement terms on the next screen:
4. Click Next >
E. Select which product to install
- Enter the name of your organization (Optional)
- Select Relais D2D from the drop down list.
3. Click Next >
F. Specify the destination folder
By default the destination folder is "C:\Relais 2016".
- Click Change ...
Enter in the following destination folder in the Folder name: field depending on which D2D group you belong to:
Borrow Direct E-ZBorrow TRLN CCRLS C:\BorrowDirect\ C:\EZBorrow\ C:\TRLN\ C:\CCRLS\
- Click OK
- Click Next>
- Once you click "Install", the Install process starts. The entire process may take several minutes to complete.
- Once complete the following window displays.
3. Click Finish
H. Post install steps for new workstation installations
- Once the install is completed, copy your group's Relais.ini file into your destination folder.
- A link to download the Relais.ini will be provided to you via an email
2. Run CreateODBC.exe (found in your group's destination folder).
- This utllity reads the Relais.ini and uses the database settings to create an ODBC connection to the Relais database
- Ensure you have copied in your Relais.ini prior to running Create ODBC.exe
I. Install/update all remaining workstations
Repeat Steps C through G or H for each workstation depending on if you are upgrading or installing a new workstation. Select Relais D2D from the product list.
J. Product Description
Install/updates Relais applications and dlls used by Relais D2D customers.